- This event has passed.
IT Security Trends 2020 in Europe
30. September 2020 · 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm
Home office, new threat patterns, CJEU judgement … Join featured guest, Senior Forrester Security and Risk Analyst Paul McKay, for valuable insights into the latest European IT security trends of 2020.
What to expect from this Webinar
- In a year like no other, Paul outlines how forward-thinking European firms are supporting work from home as well as responding to key challenges including new threat patterns. He also advises on the impact of the recent judgements by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) regarding Standard Contractual Clauses and the invalidation of the EU-US privacy shield.
- Paul highlights how the need to secure email – the lifeblood of any business – is putting increased pressure on IT Security Managers and CISOs, as the scope widens beyond securing simply their infrastructure, to cover entire business landscapes. Consequently, there is an imperative for CISOs to choose the right services in order to protect their business and its vital communications, and to do so before an attack.
- Following the recent CJEU ruling declaring the Privacy Shield to be invalid, this webinar also discusses the new due diligence requirements for US companies looking to do business with service providers in Europe. Corporations will also need to review and update their incident response strategies and carefully examine their supporting operational processes, as standard contractual clauses and binding corporate rules are at risk.
- In the webinar, Paul outlines how this also impacts cloud solutions as well as on-premises infrastructure, and provides examples of effective strategies and email security solutions available today. And he touches on the ongoing Brexit saga, in terms of how the latest developments could impact on security requirements for companies doing cross-border business.
Senior Analyst, Forrester
Paul is a Senior Analyst on Forrester’s Security and Risk Team. He works with organizations to help them shape and deliver their cybersecurity strategies to support the delivery of their core business vision.