Be part of something big.
Who exactly makes the flow of information in the global economy possible? You do. With your contribution as a member of the Retarus team—one of the world's largest information logistics providers.
Be Head of IT Services & Operations (m/f) in New Jersey at Retarus.
Would you like to assume responsibility? Do you want to get right up close to the hardware and the command lines? Not just as a cost factor, but as an essential part of our core business? Then it’s time to join Retarus. Working for an IT service provider means you’re not just a cost – you’re the core.
- Assuming responsibility for running a modern, stable, efficient production environment, always considering Retarus’ own technical specifications, our customer-specific SLA’s and the costs
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd level support for the production environment (hardware, operating systems, applications and services)
- Leading, managing and developing the employees (currently 11 persons) belonging to the technical teams in the US (Technical Consulting, Service Implementation, Support, Application Management, Project Management and Networks & Infrastructure Services)
- Working closely with the technical consulting and sales teams to ensure that our services and solutions are appropriate to the needs of our customers, even as early as during the pre-sales phase
- Ensuring a high level of customer service for all support requests and adhering to standard policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with standards, procedures and policies defined by the headquarters and working closely with the headquarters to facilitate ongoing improvement
- Taking responsibility for the IT infrastructure and services at the local US office, including mobile device management, laptops, telephones, etc. in close cooperation with the global Enterprise IT team
- Assuming responsibility for the incident process and problem management for US customers
- Close cooperation with headquarters’ technical divisions
- Measuring and reporting departmental metrics to upper management, as well as suggesting and implementing corrective actions to mitigate problems at an early stage
- Several years of leadership experience in IT operations at a service provider, in the fields of infrastructure and application operations as well as service management and support
- Expert knowledge of the sector, preferably gained in the field of IT service provision, IT outsourcing or cloud services
- Verifiable experience in fundamentally comprehending system technologies as applied and deployed
- Many years of management experience and a proven track record in the development of employees as well as change management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of client organizations
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking and a well-developed ability to find solutions and make decisions
- Fluent in English and German
- Eligible to lawfully work in the United States without future sponsorship requirements
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willing to take and able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites (car)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
The top reasons for working at Retarus
As an IT manufacturer, Retarus gives employees the opportunity to help shape global information logistics. Each employee contributes significantly to the success of global customers and to the integration of a reliable information flow in their processes. At Retarus, we value our employees, most of whom have been part of the team for more than five years. We prepare and train our new employees for their new roles; offer numerous, and interesting options for ongoing training and skills development. Employees are given the freedom to decide how they want to structure their daily tasks. The atmosphere is friendly, multi-cultural, and international. Retarus offers real opportunities to grow and is characterized by an exciting and dynamic working environment with above-average growth.
Retarus in two sentences
Successful companies around the world count on reliable information logistics with Retarus’ Cloud Messaging Services. Retarus has been developing the technology and underpinning this success since 1992—sustainably and passionately.
Every success story starts somewhere
To ensure that your application is received by the right person to process it as quickly as possible, please submit your application via our online Career Portal. It's simple—three easy steps and no registration required. We look forward to receiving your application!