Be part of something big.
Who exactly makes the flow of information in the global economy possible? You do. With your contribution as a member of the Retarus team—one of the world's largest information logistics providers.
Be an IT Senior Service Desk Engineer at Retarus.
Do you want to assume responsibility? Do you want to hit the PC hard and work with command lines? And no longer be a cost factor, but part of the core business? Then it's time to join Retarus. Working for an IT manufacturer means you're not a cost–—you're the core.
- Demonstrate communication skills and the ability to interface directly with customers and senior leadership.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to all support requests and adhere to standard policies and procedures.
- Be technically proficient and knowledgeable in the entire range of business applications, operating systems, and networking within Retarus
- Ability to interpret customer issues and provide timely resolution on complex technical issues.
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping end user informed of problem status and estimated resolution times; escalate issues as necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work load with minimal supervision.
- Close cooperation with Global Headquarters Support.
- Provide detailed service management report to our VIP customers
- SPOC for escalations of our VIP customers
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Linux and related Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux server OS is helpful
- Must have above average skills in supporting and troubleshooting LAN’s and WAN’s and related protocols and technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, FTP, VoIP, webservices, etc.).
- Must have excellent customer relations skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of client organization.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 Suite products.
- Technical knowledge base and excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- General understanding of, Cisco VPN connectivity, Network configuration
- Experience with relational databases and applications (Exchange, DB2, SQL, SharePoint, etc.)
- Practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux Knowledge of and ability to support Web Conferencing tools (WebEx, Adobe, Skype for Business)
- Management of Vendor relations including Wireless carriers and Telecommunications carriers
- Knowledge of building servers and supporting both Desktops and Laptops
- Technical background in messaging applications and services – including number portability and carrier escalation procedures.
- Eligible to lawfully work in the United States without future sponsorship requirements
- Willingness to take and ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Being part of a target-driving team, with strong focus on revenue generation
The top reasons for working at Retarus
As an IT manufacturer, Retarus gives employees the opportunity to help shape global information logistics. Each employee contributes significantly to the success of global customers and to the integration of a reliable information flow in their processes. At Retarus, we value our employees, most of whom have been part of the team for more than five years. We prepare and train our new employees for their new roles; offer numerous, and interesting options for ongoing training and skills development. Employees are given the freedom to decide how they want to structure their daily tasks. The atmosphere is friendly, multi-cultural, and international. Retarus offers real opportunities to grow and is characterized by an exciting and dynamic working environment with above-average growth.
Retarus in two sentences
Successful companies around the world count on reliable information logistics with Retarus’ Cloud Messaging Services. Retarus has been developing the technology and underpinning this success since 1992—sustainably and passionately.
Every success story starts somewhere
To ensure that your application is received by the right person to process it as quickly as possible, please submit your application via our online Career Portal. It's simple—three easy steps and no registration required. We look forward to receiving your application!