Have we found you ?
Your enthusiasm for IT is catching. You have bright ideas and set yourself ambitious goals.
retarus Inc. has an opening for
IT Senior Service Desk Engineer focused on Service Management – Messaging Market
As one of the world’s leading providers of professional messaging solutions, Retarus is looking for highly-motivated IT Senior Service Desk Engineer located in New Jersey who has the ability to understand and articulate Retarus’ IT support requirements and coordinate efforts both on site in our US Headquarters and with our corporate support team in Germany.
As the IT Senior Service Desk Engineer, your primary task will be the handling of customer support requests. You will also focus on the role of a service manager for our VIP customers and handle possible escalation calls.
For a highly qualified candidate, there is also the possibility of promotion within 6-12 months after hire to become the Head of the US IT Service desk.
- Demonstrate communication skills and the ability to interface directly with customers and senior leadership.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to all support requests and adhere to standard policies and procedures.
- Be technically proficient and knowledgeable in the entire range of business applications, operating systems, and networking within Retarus.
- Ability to interpret customer issues and provide timely resolution on complex technical issues.
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping end user informed of problem status and estimated resolution times; escalate issues as necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work load with minimal supervision.
- Close cooperation with Global Headquarters Support.
- Provide detailed service management report to our VIP customers.
- SPOC for escalations of our VIP customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Linux and related Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux server OS is helpful.
- Must have above average skills in supporting and troubleshooting LAN’s and WAN’s and related protocols and technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, FTP, VoIP, webservices, etc.).
- Must have excellent customer relations skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of client organization.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 Suite products.
- Technical knowledge base and excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls.
- General understanding of, Cisco VPN connectivity, Network configuration.
- Experience with relational databases and applications (Exchange, DB2, SQL, SharePoint, etc.).
- Practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux Knowledge of and ability to support Web Conferencing tools (WebEx, Adobe, Skype for Business).
- Management of Vendor relations including Wireless carriers and Telecommunications carriers.
- Knowledge of building servers and supporting both Desktops and Laptops.
- Technical background in messaging applications and services – including number portability and carrier escalation procedures.
- Eligible to lawfully work in the United States without future sponsorship requirements.
- Willingness to take and ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Being part of a target-driving team, with strong focus on revenue generation.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits immediately upon hire
- Flexible work schedule
- Telecommute options
- Bonus structure
Retarus in just two sentences
Successful companies around the world count on reliable information logistics with Retarus’ Cloud Messaging Services. Retarus has been developing the technology and underpinning this success since 1992—sustainably and passionately.
Every success story starts somewhere
To ensure that your application is received by the right person to process it as quickly as possible, please submit your application via our online Career Portal. It's simple—three easy steps and no registration required. We look forward to receiving your application!