Have we found you ?
Your enthusiasm for IT is catching. You have bright ideas and set yourself ambitious goals.
retarus Inc. has an opening for
IT Support Engineer – Messaging Market
As one of the world’s leading providers of professional messaging solutions, Retarus is looking for highly-motivated IT Support Engineer located in New Jersey who has the ability to understand and articulate Retarus’ IT support requirements and coordinate efforts both on site and with our corporate support team in Germany.
As an IT support Engineer you will work closely with the Sales Engineering team and the Support team in Germany to configure PC’s, support system upgrades, trouble shoot issues, configure and maintain the PBX system, manage the wireless phone service and assist in equipment build out and maintenance within our remote data centers. In addition, responsibilities will include managing new customer work flow and number provisioning for new accounts, including the porting process of numbers currently assigned to other vendors.
- Supporting and maintaining corporate Windows desktop environment and related software/applications both onsite and via remote support tools.
- Providing support for all other network infrastructure hardware, software, and services, including development source control software, mobile devices, laptops, phones, Blackberry, and remote access (VPN) issues.
- Record and track support problems in help desk software while keeping end user informed of problem status and estimated resolution times; escalate issues as necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work load with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to all support requests and adhere to standard policies and procedures.
- Close cooperation with Headquarters Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Microsoft and related Certification preferred.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience installing and supporting Windows based client operating systems and software.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 technologies such as IIS, Active Directory and Domain administration.
- Must have above average skills in supporting and troubleshooting LAN’s and WAN’s and related protocols and technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, FTP, VoIP, web, etc.).
- Must have excellent customer relations skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of client organization.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 Suite products.
- Technical knowledge base and excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- General understanding of Lotus Notes, Cisco VPN connectivity, Network configuration
- Experience with relational databases and applications (Exchange, Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, SharePoint, etc.)
- Practical exposure to Windows, Unix/Linux, MAC OS X
- Knowledge of and ability to support Web Conferencing tools (WebEx, Adobe, Microsoft Live Meeting)
- Knowledge of PBX phone systems
- Management of Vendor relations including Wireless carriers and Telecommunications carriers
- Knowledge of building servers and supporting both Desktops and Laptops
- Technical background in messaging applications and services – including number portability and carrier escalation procedures.
- Eligible to lawfully work in the United States without future sponsorship requirements
- Willingness to take and ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Able to travel as needed – most trips will be (but not limited to) to Virginia, Chicago or Germany
- Being part of a target-driving team, with strong focus on revenue generation
Retarus in just two sentences
Successful companies around the world count on reliable information logistics with Retarus’ Cloud Messaging Services. Retarus has been developing the technology and underpinning this success since 1992—sustainably and passionately.
Every success story starts somewhere
To ensure that your application is received by the right person to process it as quickly as possible, please submit your application via our online Career Portal. It's simple—three easy steps and no registration required. We look forward to receiving your application!