IDT, Retarus and Kodak Alaris Jointly Offer Smart “Scan to Fax” Solution
The Alaris INfuse Smart Connected Scanning Solution, which has been recognized by the analysts at Buyers Lab with the Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award, enables Retarus and its channel partner network to replace customers’ aging fax machines, analog fax lines and MFPs. End users enjoy seamless document scanning coupled with an array of Retarus outbound digital faxing services, packaged in a solution that can be deployed by users for a low fixed monthly cost and without the need for IT support.“
Fax is an integral part of many business processes,” said Martin Hager, founder and CEO, Retarus. “Combining Kodak Alaris´ best of breed scanning solution with Retarus enterprise level cloud fax services opens up a whole well of new possibilities for users. We are excited to be rolling this out together with IDT to a vast roster of high-profile customers.”
Additional end user benefits include:
- Eliminate at least $60.00 per month in analog fax line charges. For a 1,000-location retail store chain, this could exceed $720,000 savings.
- Small form factor. Replace bulky, aging analog fax machines with a compact, secure, scan to fax solution. Sleek design and Wi-Fi connectivity extend placement options.
- Fully finished, compressed image files maximize network efficiency.
- Easy setup. One button simple set-up allows a business-level user to install and deploy by scanning a single encrypted setup sheet configured by IDT, requiring no onsite IT support, a huge cost saving. INfuse offers easy integration, remote configuration and fleet management via a bi-directional API.
- Fleet management. INfuse is an IoT device that provides real-time status, overall device health, and the ability to remotely update and deliver new application services to devices nearly instantaneously. Central control of hundreds or thousands of remote devices enables proactive trouble shooting and eliminates the need for costly on-site visits.
- The INfuse solution utilizes two separate encrypted and secured data channels – one for device management and the other for document transmission – addressing the privacy needs of today’s organizations.
- Exception Handling. The ability to confirm success or identify an exception at the point of scan is revolutionary in terms of reducing the costs of downstream exception handling.
The INfuse Smart Connected Scanning Solution offers network-connected capture that sits at the front edge of an organization’s process and integrates directly into a line of business system. Combining INfuse’s smart connected scanning capability with the Retarus fax service allows easy and reliable content onboarding for customers that utilize faxing as part of their business process.
“Organizations face challenges in reliably getting data into their business processes,” said Chris Van Zandt, Vice President Marketing & Product Management, Alaris, a Kodak Alaris business. “The INfuse Solution combines Alaris hardware, software, and information capture expertise with partner-specific business applications to drive automation and efficiency for end users. In addition to “scan to fax” solutions, we are addressing challenges with Invoice Processing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Customer Account Management, Medical Records, HR Records, Logistics, and more.”
“The INfuse Smart Connected Scanning Solution coupled with Retarus Cloud Messaging Services is a game changer for Retarus’ customer base and its channel partner community,” said Paul Szemplinski, Founder & CEO, Integrated Document Technologies, Inc. “INfuse’s compact form factor coupled with its impressive speed, paper handling and image quality characteristics, dual channel security model, rapid Cloud-based deployment and management services make INfuse the ideal outbound fax and document scanning solution for Retarus’ customers.”
IDT will serve as “master VAR” in the U.S, reselling the Alaris INfuse Solution to Retarus’ channel partner network, which will in-turn sell the solution to end users.
About Alaris, a Kodak Alaris Business
Alaris is a leading provider of information capture solutions that simplify business processes. We exist to help the world make sense of information with smart, connected solutions powered by decades of image science innovation. Our award-winning range of scanners, software and services are available worldwide, and through our network of channel partners. For more information, please visit AlarisWorld.com and follow us @AlarisWorld.
With its outstanding solutions and services, intelligent infrastructure, and patented technology, Retarus manages communication for companies worldwide. Retarus’ state-of-the-art technologies, highly available data centers, and innovative cloud messaging platform offer maximum security, maximum performance, and business continuity. With experience in steering information flows at the enterprise level, Retarus ensures that information is transferred securely and reliably to the right place, at the right time, in the right format—since 1992 and with now 15 subsidiaries on four continents. More than fifty percent of all EURO STOXX 50, DAX 40 as well as CAC 40 and 25 percent of S&P100 companies rely on Retarus' services. Our long-standing customers include Adidas, Bayer, BT, DHL, DZ Bank, Honda, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Sony.