TechCenter: Retarus Managed Web Security
Whether it’s domains, Internet web pages or content, with Retarus Managed Web Security you decide who within your company has access. Regardless if it’s internal company guidelines or legal requirements (such as blocking harmful content from under age trainees), all filter requests are implemented consistently across your entire organization.
- Block unwanted domains and URLs
- Protection against unwanted web content
- Protection from malware, viruses and spyware
- Protection against unwanted or infected downloads
- Enforce company-wide policies based on web use
- Bandwidth is entirely used for work-related applications
- Filtering of HTTP and FTP
All filtering rules can be set at the enterprise level or for various groups and individuals – even for remote employees. When user groups are identical with already existing network groups, by using proxies you can synchronize the Retarus Managed Web Security profiles directly with your Active Directory or other directory services.
- URL filtering with over 80 categories of filters (such as chat, games, adult, etc.)
- Blocking of individual pages via blacklists
- Release of individual pages via whitelists
- Content filtering regardless of the URL by using word lists
- Easily definable limit values for content filtering
- Block the HTTP downloads of individual file types (such as EXE, LNK, SCR)
- Prevent the loading of web sites and files that are infected with viruses or spyware
The info page that appears when Retarus blocks a site for you can be personalized and allows you to customize the message so you can explain the reason for the denied access. By explaining your filtering reasons to your employees, you make them aware of your corporate policies and in turn avoid employee resentment.
- Show the corporate identity with your company’s customizable block page
- Explain the reasons for the denial of access (filter categories, blacklist entry, content-filter)
- Explain the risk of virus infection from the targeted web site
Administration and Reporting
The Retarus Enterprise Administration Services Portal provides comprehensive reporting. You can see, for example, who, when, and how often an employee has visited a domain or webpage. Since all domain filters are categorized, you can quickly determine which content is relevant for certain employees in the company. If you prefer, you can even track internet access in real time.
- Configuration via web-based administration portal
- Assign access rights based on user groups
- Assign access rights for individual users
- Authentication of users using the internal Active Directory or other directory service
- Detailed access and usage reports
- Redirecting web requests to the Retarus infrastructure
- Prefixing one of the company’s proxy servers to authenticate users (optional)
Retarus Managed Web Security
We are here for you!
Do you have questions about Retarus, our products and services, or wish to receive further information? Your personal sales representative will assist you with any inquiries. Please contact us!