Transactional EmailTechnical Specifications
Made for throughput. With Retarus Transactional Email you can be sure your emails are reaching their recipients. All thanks to a state-of-the-art email infrastructure, a contractually specified processing throughput of up to several million emails per hour, a higher inbox placement rate, and optimal sender reputation.
Email API for sending
from your applications
- Guaranteed processing capacity of up to 10 million emails per hour
- Permanently high, guaranteed throughput rate
- High availability and disaster recovery plan
- Global availability and local processing
- Detailed status notifications
- Above-average inbox placement rate
- Differentiation of transactional, marketing, and P2P emails possible
- No internal email infrastructure needed
- Connection via REST API or SMTP adapter
- Authentication via Auth Basic or source IP
- Encryption based on sender domain via enforced TLS
- Check performed by Retarus AntiVirus MultiScan
- Password-protected attachments possible
- Optional CNAME function reduces the probability that an email is classified as spam
- Calculation of opening rates with open tracking and link tracking
- FreeMarker templating support
- Easy processing of multi-recipient jobs with up to 1,000 recipients at the same time
- Integrated campaign support
- Multi-level service level agreements (SLA
- 24/7 support in multiple languages
- Support for international compliance requirements such as the EU GDPR, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS or CAN-SPAM
- Continuous development
Retarus data centers are CSA certified. The Certified Senders Alliance (CSA) aims to increase the quality of commercial emails (for example, newsletters, invoices, and order confirmations). This is done by creating quality standards that must be technologically and legally observed.
- No spam score check for CSA-certified ISPs and technology partners; high rate of delivery to the recipients’ inbox
- Higher throughput per unit of time, no or reduced throttling
- Unsubscribe options
- DKIM signature for secure authentication
- Protection from fake sender addresses via SPF
- Effective early warning system thanks to CSA mechanisms
- Emails sent in compliance with current EU regulations
- Networking among large international ISPs
Outgoing emails are checked to determine the reputation of the sender. The authorization of senders is evaluated by implementing a validation of the following verification functions: SPF (Sender Policy Framework), DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance). Classified emails that do not pass validation are isolated in a quarantine.
- Reputation management – SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation
- Assignment of dedicated IP addresses (recommended when sending more than 1,000,000 emails per month)
- Dynamic IP routing according to sender domain
- Ability to send large emails (attachment limiter) up to 20 MB
- Filter function for critical file types (e. g. exe) and role-based recipient addresses (e. g. noreply@)
- Less blacklisting thanks to different IP addresses for transactional, marketing, and P2P emails
- Blacklist and reputation monitoring with monitoring of more than 50 international blacklisting providers
- Blocking of unknown recipient addresses (suppression list)
- Feedback loop service automatically reports if and which email recipients have complained and prevents resending to recipients who have declined receipt of specific emails from the ISP
- SNDS (Smart Network Data Services) reporting supplies data that can be used to evaluate the reputation of Microsoft communication partners and optimize as needed.
- Spam score check scans emails before they are sent to determine if they are spam, based on known factors such as formatting, hyperlinks, and so on.
- Smart delivery optimization intelligently manages the batch sending of emails per sending domain and can therefore automatically adapt the sending behavior to the requirements of each ISP and email provider. This actively minimizes the risk of blocking or even blacklisting.
Retarus Transactional Email is available worldwide through the Retarus Enterprise Cloud. Retarus can guarantee local data processing upon request. All data centers are operated according to the latest standards and fulfill strict requirements set forth by financial service providers and the health care industry.
- Failover or load-balancing options in Retarus data centers with local, independent access in Europe, Asia, and the USA
- Integration via modern API
- Multi-client capability thanks to multi-domain configuration
- Support for international compliance requirements such as the EU GDPR, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, or PCI DSS, CAN-SPAM
Address rewriting (outbound)
The rewriting of sender addresses for outgoing emails simplifies, in many cases, the implementation of company-internal policies. For example, when company-internal domains should not be used for external communication. Therefore, Retarus offers the option of automatically rewriting your envelope from-address for outbound emails so that any replies can be rerouted directly to a dedicated inbox.
Secure Document Handling
Secure Document Handling allows you to encrypt the files you want to attach to your outgoing emails. The files are automatically added to a ZIP archive in the Retarus infrastructure and encrypted with a password. Retarus sends the email recipient the password for the corresponding email separately. To ensure the best possible protection for your recipients, this service is used together with our AntiVirus MultiScan service.
Detailed monitoring can be used to check the status of a sent email at all times, which makes Retarus Transactional Email available in real time.
- Status information via API callback (webhook) or non-delivery report (NDR)
- Information about the delivery status, reason for undeliverability, blocked emails sent to recipients recorded in the suppression list, or open and click rates, etc.
- Detailed information about each final SMTP status, e.g. recipient MTA, time stamp, operating system, email client, etc.
- Automated integration of status information in business processes and applications
- Simple master data maintenance (list hygiene), easier bounce and traffic management, and better customer domain reputation
- Live monitoring in the EAS Portal for tracking transmission jobs in real time
- Live search makes it possible to search through transmission jobs in real time
Functional overview of Retarus Transactional Email
|Email delivery||REST v2||SMTP|
|Smart delivery optimization|
|Business center reporting separated according to account/cost center|
|Open tracking and link tracking||Coming soon|
|AntiVirus MultiScan||Coming soon|
|Secure Document Handling||Coming soon|
|User-defined X header|
|Envelope sender address rewriting|
|Service options||REST v2||SMTP|
|IP whitelisting (API)|
|Authentication via sender IP|
|Multi-client capable (multi-domain configuration)|
|Status information for each email||API callback (webhooks)||API callback (webhooks)|
|Tracking via live monitoring (EAS)||Search via live search (EAS)||Detailed reporting (CSV)||SNDS reporting||Coming soon||Coming soon|
|Reputation management||REST v2||SMTP|
|Dedicated IP (optional)|
|SPF / DKIM / DMARC|
|Suppression list (hard bounces)|
|Feedback loop service||Email API callback||Email API callback|
|Registered sender domain|