We take the protection of your personal data very seriously.
That is why we would like you to know at all times when we collect data,
which data we collect, and how we use such data.
Last updated on May 25, 2018
Table of Contents
- Data Protection Officer
- General information
- SSL encryption
- Log files
- Contact forms
- Online applications
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Maps
- Google Adwords
- Google Remarketing
- leadlabs by Wiredminds
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Social media buttons
- Google Fonts/Google Charts
- Data subjects’ rights
Name and address of Controller
Name and address of Data Protection Officer
The Controller’s Data Protection Officer is:
Aschauer Strasse 30
Tel.: +49 89 5528 0000
General information on data processing
1. Legal basis for processing personal data
- Insofar as we obtain the data subject’s consent for the processing of personal data, the legal basis is as provided by point (a) of Art. 6(1) GDPR.
- Where processing of personal data is required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a contracting party, the legal basis is as provided by point (b) of Art. 6(1) GDPR. This also applies to processing required to implement measures prior to entering into a contract.
- Where processing of personal data is required to meet a legal obligation to which our company is subject, the legal basis is as provided by point (c) of Art. 6(1) GDPR.
- Where the processing of personal data is necessary to protect an interest, which is essential to the life of the data subject or that of another natural person, the legal basis is as provided by point (d) of Art. 6(1) GDPR.
- Where the processing is required to uphold a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, and the data subject’s interests, fundamental rights and freedoms do not outweigh the aforementioned interest, the legal basis for the processing is as provided by point (f) of Art. 6(1) GDPR.
2. Erasure of data and retention periods
The data subject’s personal data shall be erased or made unavailable when the purpose of retention no longer applies. Data may also be retained where stipulated by European or national legislation in EU regulations, laws or other requirements to which the Controller is subject. Data shall also be made unavailable or erased where a retention period stipulated by the standards referred to above expires, unless further retention of the data is necessary to conclude or fulfill a contract.
This website uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect confidential information, e.g. requests you send us as the website operator. You can know a connection is encrypted when the browser address bar switches from “http://” to “https://” and a green padlock icon appears in the browser bar.
Creation of log files
If you visit our website, the data that your browser automatically sends us is logged in “log files”. This data includes information on the browser and operating system used by you, the website from which you are visiting us, the web pages that you visit on our site, the date of the visit and the IP address assigned to you by your internet service provider. This data is temporarily saved by us for security reasons (for example, to identify attacks on our website). This data is not saved together with any other personal data of yours. Nor is the data analyzed for marketing purposes.
If you contact us using a form, for example, for inquiries or downloads, your details entered on the form, including the contact details you provide, will be stored by us to process the inquiry and in case there are follow-up questions. We will not pass on this data to third parties without your consent. If you apply for a position with us online via our Career Portal, we will process your data as described in the paragraph below “Online applications”.
If you apply for a position with us via our Career Portal, your application will be sent to us electronically using SSL encryption. Your personal data and documents will be processed by us solely for this purpose, i.e. only for recruiting within retarus GmbH or “related companies” as defined in Section 15 et seq. of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG). Your data will only be passed on to the internal contacts and departments that are responsible specifically for recruitment. If the job and your application concern a related company, your data will also be passed on to that company’s internal offices. For speculative applications, data may also be passed on to the related parties. Data is not passed on to third parties for any other purposes.
We will only use the data you send us, for example your email address and contact details, for communicating with you, in particular to clarify outstanding issues, to invite you to an interview and agree on an appointment time.
Your data is stored in our data center in Germany. The data will be stored for a maximum of six months after the end of the selection process. Your data will then be deleted irretrievably unless you have given consent for your information to be recorded in our pool of applicants. In this case, we shall use the data and documents you send us for our pool of applicants, to consider you for other current and future vacancies in our company. Your data will then be stored by us for a maximum of two years and deleted irretrievably at the end of that period.
You can withdraw your consent to processing or use of your data at any time (please see paragraph Data subjects’ rights).
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
We use Google Analytics only with IP anonymization activated. This means that users’ IP addresses will be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The IP address that is transmitted by the user’s browser is not merged with other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies from being stored by enabling the relevant setting in your browser software. Please note, however, that this may prevent you from using all the functions available on this website. In addition, you can prevent the information about your use of the website that is generated by the cookie (including your IP address) from being passed on to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
You can prevent your data from being tracked by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set, which will prevent your data from being collected during future visits to this website: Disable Google Analytics.
More information on how Google uses data for advertising purposes, settings, and declining consent options is available on Google’s websites:
- https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/ (“How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”)
- http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“How we use data in advertising”)
- http://www.google.de/settings/ads (“Manage the information Google uses to show you ads”)
- http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ (“Decide which ads Google shows you”)
This website uses Google Analytics reports on demographic features based on data from interest-based Google ads as well as third-party visitor data (for example, age, gender and interests). This data cannot be used to identify a specific person and can be disabled at any time in the display settings.
We also use Google Analytics to analyze data from Google Adwords for statistical purposes. If you prefer, you can disable this function via the Ads Preference Manager (http://www.google.de/settings/ads).
Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. This service allows website tags to be managed using an interface. Google Tag Manager implements tags only. No personal data is recorded. Google Tag Manager triggers other tags which, in turn, may record data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If disabled at domain or cookie level, this setting still applies to all tracking tags provided that they are implemented using Google Tag Manager.
Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
Retarus uses the online advertising program Google AdWords and the conversion tracking option available in Google AdWords. Google Conversion Tracking is an analytical tool provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
A cookie for conversion tracking is created on your computer when you click on an ad placed by Google (see Cookies). These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages on our website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can detect that you clicked on the ad and were redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be tracked through the websites of AdWords customers.
The information collected by the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. This allows customers to see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can withdraw consent to this use by configuring your browser software to prevent cookies from being installed (disable option). You will no longer be recorded in the conversion tracking statistics.
Remarketing or "Similar Audiences" function from Google Inc.
Retarus uses the Remarketing or Similar Audiences function provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
leadlabs by wiredminds
Our website uses the leadlab pixel tracking technology provided by wiredminds GmbH, Lindenspürstr. 32, 70176 Stuttgart (“wiredminds”) to analyze visitor behavior.
It collects, processes and stores data that is used to create usage profiles under a pseudonym. The usage profiles are fully anonymized where possible and appropriate. Cookies may be used for this (see Cookies). The data collected, which may also contain personal data, is transferred to wiredminds or collected directly by wiredminds. wiredminds may use information that you leave behind by visiting the websites to create anonymized usage profiles. The data obtained in this way is not used to personally identify the visitor to this website without the data subject’s explicit consent and it is not merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. Any IP addresses recorded are anonymized immediately by deleting the last number block. You can rescind consent to data being collected, processed, and stored in the future at any time.
If you wish to rescind consent to data being collected, processed, and stored, please click on the following link: Exclude from tracking. This function is cookie-based and therefore browser-dependent.
We use the reCaptcha service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) to protect our contact form from unauthorized use.
YouTube with privacy-enhanced mode enabled
We use components provided by the company YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA (“YouTube”), a company owned by Google Inc., Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) on our website. We use the privacy-enhanced mode option provided by YouTube.
If you access a page with an embedded YouTube video, a connection is established with the YouTube servers and the content is displayed on the Internet page by communication with your browser.
Google Fonts and Google Charts
ClickDimensions uses first-party HTML browser cookies in its web tracking technology. This means that visitors to our websites are easily able to set their browsers to reject cookies and are easily able to delete cookies set by us and others.
For example, to set the Internet Explorer browser to reject cookies, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > and under Settings select (with the slider) the level of privacy you want. To delete cookies in Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options > General >, click on the Delete button in the browsing history and activate the Cookies option in the drop-down dialog box.
If you do not want the page to set a cookie, you can enable the private mode in your browser. The private modes in each browser are as follows:
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla Firefox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
ClickDimensions never stores any information in your computer’s LSO area, i.e. we never use “flash cookies” (local shared objects, LSO for short).
ClickDimensions does not use any visitor identification methods in which information provided by you is shared with other websites.
Data subjects’ rights
If your personal data is processed, you are a Data Subject as defined in the GDPR and you have the following rights:
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You can obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us. Where that is the case, you can obtain from us access to the following information: the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored; the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing; the existence of the right to lodge a complaint; the source of your data if it is not collected by us; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and if applicable, meaningful information about its details.
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): You have the right to have inaccurate personal data concerning you rectified, or to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): You can obtain from us the erasure of your personal data stored by us, where one of the following grounds applies: the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing; you object to the processing pursuant to Articles 21(1) or 21(2) GDPR; the personal data has been unlawfully processed; the personal data must to be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject; the personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) GDPR.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): You can obtain from us restriction of processing of the personal data concerning you where the conditions listed in Art. 18(1) GDPR apply. Where processing has been restricted, such data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
- Right to notification (Art. 19 GDPR): Where you have exercised your right to rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing, we are obliged to communicate this rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data concerning you has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): You have the right (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and (ii) to transmit those data to another Controller without hindrance from us, where the processing is based on consent (point (a) of Art. 6(1) or point (a) of Art. 9(2) GDPR) or on a contract (point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR) and processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR): You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. We shall no longer process the personal data concerning you unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or if processing is used for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Where the personal data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you shall no longer be processed for such purposes. In the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, you may exercise your right to object by automated means that use technical specifications.
- Right to withdraw consent (Art. 7(3) GDPR): You have the right to withdraw your data use consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Subject to the conditions set out in Art. 22 GDPR, you have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to lodge a complaint (Art. 77 GDPR): Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes on the GDPR.