Achieve a Better Delivery Rate for Your Transactional Emails with Email Service Provider Retarus.
With Retarus’ transactional email service—which is part of the Retarus Secure Email Platform—you can send high volumes of emails directly from your business applications via the Retarus Enterprise Cloud.
Unburden your own infrastructure, become a trusted sender and send transactional emails in compliance with local data protection regulations. As email service provider, Retarus processes your data in its own data centers—contractually agreed in the United States, Germany, Switzerland, or Asia. Ensuring the security of your emails from applications.
Retarus E-Mail API
Speed up your communication with our high performance emails. With Retarus Transactional Email you can send up to 10 million emails per hour at peak times, contractually guaranteed by your Service Level Agreement. Business applications can be connected via a modern Transactional Email API (e.g. a REST/JSON API) or directly via SMTP.
“Connecting to the service via standard interfaces such as SMTP und REST enables a virtually seamless technical transition, especially with such a large number of different applications.”
Manfred Eder, Group Head Messaging and Communication Services, BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
Learn how you can protect your reputation with Retarus’ enterprise email service as a sender and consistently improve the delivery rate of your emails by reading our whitepaper “Reputation management, a key factor in your company’s success: How your emails are placed exactly where you want them to be”.
Prevent the Slowing of Online Business While It Continues to Grow.
The Retarus Deliverability Guide will show you how you can maintain your sender reputation as your email volume increases and ensure that transactional emails reach the inboxes of your recipients quickly and reliably. The Retarus Deliverability Guide is available to you now as a PDF, free for download.
Bounce Management Included
Another key element to protecting your reputation as a sender are Retarus Suppression Lists. They cache erroneous recipient email addresses when sending bulk emails and block resend attempts prior to sending. And you learn which recipients cannot be reached and why, so you can maintain your distribution list and ensure that you do not generate any unnecessary bounces.
In addition to comprehensive transactional email API functions, the Retarus EAS Portal (Enterprise Administration Services Portal) displays tracking and status information of messages at all times. These can be analyzed, so you can quickly clean up and optimize master data.
The Features of Retarus Transactional Email at a Glance:
API for Sending Emails from Applications
Retarus Transactional Email helps you send large volumes of email from your business applications (ERP and CRM systems) without impacting your own email infrastructure.
- Guaranteed processing capacity of up to 10 million emails per hour
- Permanently high, guaranteed throughput rate
- High availability and disaster recovery plan
- Global availability and local processing
- Detailed status notifications
- Above-average inbox placement rate
- Differentiation of transactional, marketing, and P2P emails possible
- No internal email infrastructure needed
- Connection via REST API and SMTP adapter
- Authentication via Auth Basic or source IP
- Encryption based on sender domain via enforced TLS
- Ensuring the authenticity and integrity of the sending system using DNSSEC
- Check performed by Retarus Email Security
- Password-protected attachments possible
- Optional CNAME function reduces the probability that an email is classified as spam
- Calculation of opening rates with open tracking and link tracking
- FreeMarker templating support
- Easy processing of multi-recipient jobs with up to 1,000 recipients at the same time
- Integrated campaign support
- Multi-level service level agreements (SLA
- 24/7 support in multiple languages
- Support for international compliance requirements such as the EU GDPR, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS or CAN-SPAM
- Continuous development
|Email delivery||REST API||SMTP|
|Envelope-From Address Rewriting|
|Invoicing according to account/cost center|
|Open tracking and link tracking|
|Secure Document Handling|
|Smart delivery optimization|
|Trace & Recover|
|User-defined X header|
Retarus data centers are CSA certified. The Certified Senders Alliance (CSA) aims to increase the quality of commercial emails (for example, newsletters, invoices, and order confirmations). This is done by creating quality standards that must be technologically and legally observed.
- No spam score check for CSA-certified ISPs and technology partners; high rate of delivery to the recipient's inbox
- Higher throughput per unit of time, no or reduced throttling
- Unsubscribe options
- DKIM signature for secure authentication
- Protection against fake sender addresses via SPF
- Effective early warning system thanks to CSA mechanisms
- Emails sent in compliance with current privacy regulations
- Large international ISP network
Envelope-From Address Rewriting
The rewriting of sender addresses for outgoing emails simplifies, in many cases, the implementation of company-internal policies. For example, when company-internal domains should not be used for external communication. Therefore, Retarus offers the option of automatically rewriting your envelope from-address for outbound emails so that any replies can be rerouted directly to a dedicated inbox.
Global Availability Local Processing Compliance
Retarus Transactional Email is available worldwide as part of the Retarus Enterprise Cloud. Retarus can guarantee local data processing upon request. All data centers are operated according to the latest standards and fulfill strict requirements set forth by financial service providers and the health care industry.
- Failover or load-balancing options in Retarus' data centers with local, independent access in Europe, Asia, and the US
- Integration via modern API
- Multi-client capability thanks to multi-domain configuration
- Support for international compliance requirements such as the EU GDPR, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, or PCI DSS, CAN-SPAM
Outgoing emails are checked to determine the reputation of the sender. The authorization of senders is evaluated by implementing the following verification functions: SPF (Sender Policy Framework), DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance). Classified emails that do not pass validation are isolated in a quarantine.
- Reputation management – SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation
- Assignment of dedicated IP addresses (recommended when sending more than 1,000,000 emails per month)
- Dynamic IP routing according to sender domain
- Support of IPv4 and IPv6
- Ability to send large emails (attachment limiter) up to 20 MB
- Filter function for critical file types (e. g. exe) and role-based recipient addresses (e. g. noreply@)
- Less blacklisting thanks to different IP addresses for transactional, marketing, and P2P emails
- Blacklist and reputation monitoring with monitoring of more than 50 international blacklisting providers
- Blocking of unknown recipient addresses (suppression list)
- Feedback loop service automatically reports if and which emails are rejected by recipients and prevents resending to recipients who have declined receipt of specific emails from the ISP
- SNDS (Smart Network Data Services) reporting supplies data that can be used to evaluate the reputation of Microsoft communication partners and optimize as needed
- Spam Score Check scans emails before they are sent to determine their spam probability, based on known factors such as formatting, hyperlinks, and so on
- Smart Delivery Optimization intelligently manages the batch sending of emails per sending domain and can therefore automatically adapt the sending behavior to the requirements of each ISP and email provider. This actively minimizes the risk of being blocked or even blocklisted.
|Reputation management||REST API||SMTP|
|Dedicated IP (optional)|
|Feedback loop service||Email API callback||Email API callback|
|Registered sender domain|
|SPF / DKIM / DMARC|
|Support of IPv4 and IPv6|
|Suppression list (hard bounces)|
Secure Document Handling
Secure Document Handling allows you to encrypt the files you want to attach to your outgoing emails. The files are automatically added to a ZIP archive in the Retarus infrastructure and encrypted with a password. Retarus sends the passwords separately to the recipients of the corresponding emails. To ensure the best possible protection for your recipients, this service is offered together with our AntiVirus MultiScan service.
Comprehensive Status Messages
Detailed monitoring, which Retarus Transactional Email makes available in real time, can be used to check the status of a sent email at all times.
- Status information via API callback (webhook) or non-delivery report (NDR)
- Information about the delivery status, reason for undeliverability, blocked emails sent to recipients recorded in the suppression list, or open and click rates, etc.
- Detailed information about each final SMTP status, e.g. recipient MTA, time stamp, operating system, email client, etc.
- Automated integration of status information in business processes and applications
- Simple master data maintenance (list hygiene), easier bounce and traffic management, better domain reputation
- Live monitoring in the EAS Portal for tracking transmission jobs in real time
- Live search makes it possible to search through transmission jobs in real time
|Service options||REST API||SMTP|
|Authentication via sender IP|
|IP allowlisting (API)|
|Multi-client capable (multi-domain configuration)|
|Detailed delivery reporting (EAS)|
|Search via live search (EAS)|
|Status information for each email||API callback (webhooks)||API callback (webhooks)|
|Tracking via live monitoring (EAS)|
Advantages of the Retarus Transactional Email Service
Use Cases: Transactional Email Solutions for Real World Applications
Increase the Delivery Rate for Transactional Emails and Relieve Your Own Infrastructure
Learn more about how Retarus’ enterprise email service can help you reliably achieve your goals. Our experts are happy to consult with you. By phone, email, or on site.