Essential Protection The Foundation of Your Cybersecurity: Reliable Basic Protection for Your Emails.
Essential Protection is your starting point for comprehensive email security from Retarus. Protect yourself from threats such as malware, spam, phishing emails, spoofing, or ransomware. For optimal protection, we recommend adding further email security modules.
Email Security Made in Europe.
To prevent attacks on your company, control over every incoming and outgoing email is critical. Retarus Essential Protection offers the perfect combination of preventive basic protection, monitoring, analyses, and personal service. The software is coded by ourselves and operated exclusively in the secured environments of Retarus’ own data centers in Europe. It’s how we guarantee 100% GDPR-compliant data processing.
Retarus Essential Protection:
AntiSpam, AntiVirus, and Much More.
AntiSpam Management runs spam checks of incoming emails using rules and tools that are continuously updated. Depending on the service setting, emails classified as spam are flagged or quarantined.
- Spam protection with an identification rate of over 99.95%
- False positive rate of less than 0.0001%
- Protection from mass non-delivery notifications (backscatter protection)
- Blocklists and allowlists at the user, profile, domain, and global level
- Multi-lingual content analysis
- Content and structure analyses using heuristic methods
- Upstream "bad word" filter to meet compliance policies
- Fingerprint analysis, Bayes algorithms, sender check
- Continuous updating of intelligent filter, pattern, and identification rules
AntiVirus MultiScan (2x)
AntiVirus MultiScan (2x) automatically scans incoming and outgoing emails and file attachments for viruses with two different virus scanners and uses heuristic analysis to protect from unknown malware.
- Higher identification rate with two virus scanners
- Protection from unknown viruses using heuristic analysis (Zero-Hour Protection)
- Elimination of threats before they reach your infrastructure
- Continuous updating of virus definitions
- Notification of deleted infected emails via an email security report (email digest)
Want more protection? In addition to other benefits, Advanced Threat Protection also offers higher identification rates thanks to using four different virus scanners.
The Attachment Blocker prevents the receipt of attachments which should have been prevented from reaching the company infrastructure. For example: .exe, .zip, or Office files with macros. The files to be blocked can be defined by the customer.
- Block undesired email attachments
- Define files to be blocked using file extensions or the MIME type
- Automatically block nested or password-protected archives and unknown MIME types
- Configurable message options for recipients regarding deleted attachments
- Ability to deliver copies of the original emails to administrators
The Directory Filter rejects incorrectly addressed emails in accordance with RFC. As a result, the processing time of incoming and outgoing emails is reduced significantly. Valid addresses are automatically and regularly synchronized with your systems.
Furthermore, emails from senders that are conspicuous - due to attempted denial of service and directory harvesting attacks - are subjected to a separate classification process and accepted with delay (traffic throttling mechanisms).
- Protection from denial-of-service and directory-harvesting attacks
- Inbound Reputation Management – traffic shaping and traffic throttling mechanisms
- A service that learns dynamically with scoring/penalty system for spam relays
- Queueless design with checks on the SMTP session level
- Automatic address book synchronization with Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes/Domino, LDAP
- Address book synchronization in time intervals defined by the user
- Provisions for alias names and other domains
- Bounce management according to RFC 3461, 3463, and 3464
- Configuration and manual address entry via the Retarus EAS portal
- View in Retarus Email Live Search Monitoring (Tracking Point)
External Sender Visibility Enhancement
In addition to applying Directory Filter functions, incoming e-mails are checked for the reputation of their senders. Senders are authorized through validation of the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail). Classified emails that do not pass validation are isolated in a quarantine.
- Validation of incoming emails (external relay) that use your domain in the sender address (MIME-FROM)
- Flagging of suspicious emails with visual indicators such as pre-defined Unicode characters at the beginning of the sender field (friendly name); alternative free text also possible
Inbound Reputation Management
Inbound Reputation Management supplements the Directory Filter checking the reputation of the senders of incoming emails. Email authorization depends on whether the verification functions SPF (Sender Policy Framework),DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) are validated. Classified emails that do not pass validation are e.g. isolated in a quarantine.
- Email Authentication – SPF and DKIM and DMARC validation
- Notification of potentially affected emails via Email Security report (Email Digest)
- Configuration via the Retarus EAS Portal
The Phishing Filter scans incoming emails in real time for phishing scams. Those in question are either moved to quarantine and flagged as “phishing” or immediately deleted.
- Detects phishing emails that are not yet caught by the virus scanner or spam filter
- Query of several databases of renowned specialized providers
- Quarantine option or immediate deletion (configuration in EAS Portal)
Would you like to further protect yourself and render phishing links harmless, even in emails that have already been delivered? Then supplement your Essential Protection with Retarus Time-of-Click Protection and functionalities such as URL rewriting and real-time checks of web links.
Simplified email handling for employees and administrators. At customizable points in time, reports sent by email (Email Digests) offer a quick view of the emails flagged for deletion or quarantine by Retarus Email Security components.
- Clearly structured reports on undelivered emails (spam, viruses, phishing, newsletters, etc.) via email
- Combined overview of spam, viruses, and graymail via email
- Online access with simplified user authentication (OneClick token login)
- Direct access to quarantined emails classified as spam
- Additional virus scan after retrieval from quarantine
- Advanced search for quarantined emails, e.g., depending on attachments or classification
- Color bar visualization for instant recognition of threat level
- Detailed view including additional information on each email
- Support for mobile devices
- User-based quarantine and report settings
- System-wide configuration via the EAS Portal for administrators
- Multi-lingual: Available in 11 languages for best end user education
Questions About Retarus Essential Protection?
Request more information or test Retarus Email Security without any obligation. We look forward to hearing from you.